Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2015

11.29.15

I miss Holden! I miss my little man every night when we have to come home but some nights are harder than others. Today is one of the harder ones. Holden turned 8 weeks today and he is getting so big. I am able to see him every day but sometimes I feel like I am missing out on so much. Tomorrow Holden is doing another trial on his home vent (thanks to one of our awesome nurses convincing them to give him another shot) and we are really hoping for the best! But between you and me we are pretty sure regardless we will be heading up to South Davis. Which is fine. I have heard we will get some more independence on taking care of Holden which will be awesome. But it's not home. 

 

I feel like the worst part of all of this is life goes on. There is still bills, work, chores, and all your usual adult responsibilities that have to be taken care of. Not to mention all the new medical/insurance stress that has been added to the mix. And I'm convinced my poor husband is wore thin. We both are. We are ready for our little man to come home. I see families that have their babies home and all together and I am jealous. It makes me miss Holden even more. He is our world and he is on the other side of the Valley. 

 

I am very grateful that I have my son and for there to be a place for him to be until he can come home but it doesn't make it any easier when I have to give him a hug and a kiss at the end of the day and tell him I will see him tomorrow. Hopefully not much longer and I won't have to tell him "see you tomorrow" and it can be "goodnight."

P.S. It has been 1 week since Holden's last "episode!" Yay Holden!

No comments:

Post a Comment